I miss you all the time. Everyday is hard, but some days are harder than others. But each day I get up and try my very best to make it an okay day. I know it is what you would want your daddy and I to do.
Just the other day, Grami brought us a beautiful painting as a tribute to you. The quote on it sums up exactly how I feel about you..."I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach!" The painting is hanging in our entry way so that everyone who enters our home will know how much you are loved and missed.
Your Grami wanted to preserve her memory of your birthday. She wrote it down and shared it with your daddy and I. It is such a beautiful memory of that day that I wanted to share it with you too.
Love,
Mommy
Grami's Memory
"My memory of Morris’ birthday is bittersweet. It was a long day waiting at the hospital, but Keri and Ryan were so strong. I am incredibly proud of them. They sensed that the baby was a boy all along (Keri always gravitated toward the little boy things). It seems strange to me now (because we knew the baby would not come home), but in those long hours of waiting we were still so anxious to know whether the baby was a girl or a boy. It was a bittersweet moment to meet our precious first Grandson, Morris Keith. We are so honored that he received part of his Grandfather’s name. I still relish the memory of watching Morris be baptized and the look of pride on his Daddy’s face. It is a moment etched in my memory. It was beautiful how the Holy Spirit filled that room and provided a peace that could have only come through His presence.
What happened when we left the hospital that night though sealed in my heart that we had indeed been in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Earlier in the day, I had mentioned that Jupiter would be aligned with the moon that same night. It is odd how I was sharing tidbits of news during those heartbreaking hours, but this particular item lead us to another moment of unexplained peace. The walk out of the hospital in those early morning hours was heartbreaking. As we stepped out into the dark, Rebecca was the first to notice the sky and point out Jupiter. When I looked up, I noticed a huge ring around both the moon and Jupiter. It looked like a ring of clouds, but like no other I had ever seen. It hovered over the entire hospital. It was in that moment I thought about a passage from Hebrews 12:1, “since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses…”. I thought about our brothers and sisters in Christ and the prayers that had been offered on our families’ behalf and how those prayers had helped us find peace. I looked closer and realized that the center of the circle appeared so pure and clear, like a peaceful night sky that formed a funnel to Heaven. It was as if Heaven had opened up to welcome our sweet Morris home. We stood there in awe of God."
The sky on the night you were born

No comments:
Post a Comment