Hi Sweet Boy,
This year has been a tough year in our family, and not many of us have felt like celebrating. But today is a day to celebrate, because it Papaw and Aunt Becca's birthday! They share the same birthday, which is pretty special. I'm hopeful that we will all get to spend some time together tomorrow.
This morning I was thinking about Papaw and Aunt Becca of course, but I was also thinking about our family in general. You are blessed to have the most awesome family. They have been here for Daddy and I from the beginning, making sure that we are okay and helping us do whatever we can to honor and cherish your memory. I am still brought to tears by the pictures of you that many have up in their homes.
I am reminded today of a Disney movie centered around the theme of family. In it, a little Hawaiian girl named Lilo adpots an ugly "dog" that she names Stitch. It turns out that Stitch really isn't a dog but a genetic experiment who has escaped from another planet and crash-landed on earth. He isn't the most loving or selfless creature, but Lilo's love, faith and strong belief in family teaches Stitch what it means to care about someone else.
Lilo's parents passed away when she was very little, and there is a scene in the movie where she is looking at a picture of her parents. She says to Stitch, "'Ohana' means 'family'. 'Family' means 'no one gets left behind or forgotten.'"
You are never left behind or forgotten, even on the days we celebrate. I often think about the reunion you and I will have in heaven, but today I will rejoice in the fact that you will get to meet your Papaw and Aunt Becca one day too. Until then, do me a favor and wish them both a Happy Birthday from heaven.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment