It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I love this time of year, but finding joy this Christmas has been hard for Daddy and me. We decided to go ahead and put up our Christmas decorations, mainly because we were given some sweet ones in memory of you. Maybe it's just me, but the lights don't seem to shine as bright this year as they usually do. I am holding on to your verse more tightly than ever. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:19
![]() The Elephant Angel ornament I found several months ago. <3 |
![]() ![]() Sweet decorations given to us by your great aunt Judy. |
I can't share much about this little girl or her story because of the situation, but Daddy and I had a chance to meet her and love on her. She is absolutely precious. We put together a big basket of things for her and included a few "Baby" gift cards that we had never spent so that other things she needed could be bought. You have such amazing family and friends, Morris, and before you were due to arrive, they made sure that we had absolutely everything that you would need. I know that the people who generously gave these items to you are sad that you aren't here to use them, but I am sure that like me, they are proud to see them go to a baby who needs them. This baby girl is one more life that has been touched in some way by you, our darling angel.
I included a note in the basket that said:
"This basket is filled with things. These things - diapers, wipes, pacifiers, lotion, etc. - may seem very ordinary, but to us they are some of the most precious things we could give you. These things were meant for a very special baby boy named Morris. Instead of living on earth as a little boy, Morris became an angel and went to live in Heaven. Angels have everything they could ever want or need in Heaven, so Morris has no need for the items contained in this basket anymore. As soon as we heard about you, we knew that these items were now meant for a very special little girl."I told her about your verse, and then I gave her Romans 15:13 as her very own verse:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."I'm praying this verse over our new little friend, and I hope that everyone who reads this letter will do the same. I'm certain that God has big plans for her. Grami and I had an idea on how to celebrate your upcoming birthday and angelversary, and after helping this baby girl, I'm convinced that our idea is exactly the way we should honor your memory. I'm working on the details now, and I'll share our plans with friends and family in the coming weeks.
This year has contained so much heartache and tragedy, not just for our family, but for so many families we know and love. I'm sure that Daddy and I are not the only ones struggling to celebrate Christmas this year in the same way that we have in the past. But as the Christmas story reminds us, no matter what happens in this life, there is reason for great joy:
"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and they glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause GREAT JOY for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." Luke 2:8-11As we spend our first Christmas without you, we'll try our hardest to find joy in the season and remember the true reason that we celebrate.
Love,
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment